Thursday 11 August 2011

My First Indian Birthday

Today was probably one of the best birthday's i've ever had! My team presented me with a big bouquet of flowers and an email from the entire team wishing me a happy birthday! Throughout the day, associates came up to me, shaking my hand and wishing me a happy birthday. During a conference call, the HR coordinator called me aside because someone had come to meet me. When i walked out of the office, the Sales Manager from the hotel that i am staying at was standing there waiting for me. He presented me with a birthday cake and a card! Later that day, two people from my team treated me to a delicious mean with an even more delicious dessert...a hot brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup.  After that, the team secretly gathered in an office, called me in and presented me with yet another chocolate cake! It is Indian tradition to smear cake icing on the face of the birthday person after they cut the cake. I was no exception. After getting white cake icing smeared on my face, everyone dug in to have a piece of the cake! I then walked out the room to be greeted by a group of new employees who wanted to wish me a happy birthday!

Oh and the day before, i bought my first Kurta! (top that im wearing)

What a great birthday! and thats only what happened in India.....Its 7pm now which means its almost 10am in New York, so that mean i still have a whole day to celebrate my birthday, American time! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment