Sunday 28 August 2011

Last Thursday, my team had a BDO (Business Day Out)...where we went to Kelva Beach Resort. It was a 4 hour drive from Mumbai. On the way there, we passed views like this one. I couldn't help but stop and take a picture with the view of the mountains behind me.  For some reason it reminded me of the scenery in the movie Avatar. Except, this was real life and i got to experience it for myself :).

Earlier that day, i was so excited to go to to Kelva Beach Resort. I thought, how could you go wrong with a place that had the words "Beach" and "Resort".  As we were driving to the place, there were signs showing 15km away and finally 1km away. As we got closer, i kept thinking...hmm i wonder when i'm going to see signs of a beach and a resort. It didnt help that it had been raining all day and everywhere was a little flooded. When we finally pulled up to the "Kelva Beach Resort" sign, i looked straight head and it was surely no beach and no resort at least not one that i had ever seen before.  In fact, i would encourage you to close your eyes and imagine a beach resort...any beach resort. The Kelva Beach resort was probably the opposite of that! Either way, it was a FANTASTIC day! There were about 20 of us at the "resort" that day. We did all kinds of things....things i never imagined i would do in my lifetime...simple things however. Like play football (soccer) in the pouring rain with a bunch of guys surrounded by the waves of a dirty ocean and ox looking cows roaming the beach with stray dogs huddling together starring at the game before them....incredible. But i'm currently facing the consequences. sick. Playing soccer in the rain only made me sick for the following 3 days. But it was well worth it. 

Last night, i went to my first comedy show in Mumbai and it was amazing! There was an American comedian as well as a Canadian comedian and they were both extremely good! I went by myself of course, but met a sweet girl called honey who also came by herself. Funny how things work out. Before i came, someone at the hotel told me that it would be an empty show and because of the rain, no one would go. The show ended up being packed! and a great time indeed. I'm definitely going back.
I spent this morning.....still recovering from my football tournament at Kelva Beach! I pulled myself and went to a place called Cafe Mondegar my myself for brunch. I thought i owed it to myself after a long week from New Delhi to Agra to Palghar and back to Mumbai. I had lunch with a nice journalist that i met at the cafe. Another great day indeed.

This week, for some reason, an american song has been stuck in my head. Theophilus London- I Stand Alone

For my friends in New York facing Irene....Stay inside and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment